If you want to get the most from your workout and fitness plan, you will need to add the right superfoods to power you through your fitness routine. Ideally, you want to eat foods that are high in carbs, moderate in protein, and low in fat and fiber. Once you figure out which foods are right for you on your fitness journey. You’ll be able to power through your workout like a pro. Using foods with great nutritional value as your fuel, you’ll want to make sure you are getting the right amount of nutrients to jump-start your fitness program. At YouFit fitness club in North Lauderdale, eating healthy is one aspect of weight loss, but eating right can also boost your performance when it comes to getting the most out of your exercise routine. It’s essential to fuel your body with the right nutrients so that you feel energized and ready for your workout at YouFit in Lauderhill. Here are the 5 best foods to eat before a workout:
- Fruit Smoothie – This great tasting drink packed with nutrients from fruit and nuts gets you energized for the perfect workout. Try blending banana, strawberries, peanut butter, flaxseeds, and almond milk.
- Oatmeal and blackberries – Try using plain Greek yogurt to add protein, some protein powder for amino acids for tired muscles and almond butter and oats to keep your energy up to power through your workout.
- Banana with Peanut Butter – Bananas provide energy to power through your workout with its simple carbs and potassium. Peanut butter (about 2 Tbsps.) adds much-needed protein and you can even add a little honey for sweetness.
- Low fat cottage cheese and dried apricots – This great combination of protein and carbs is all you need to make your workout a successful one. This duo is packed with nutrients and is low in fat and fiber which can cause some people to feel bloated.
- Scrambled eggs, fruit cup and avocado – Protein and good fats offer a lot of good energy to power your workout with a balance of healthy carbs in a fruit cup.
With the proper nutrients, your workouts are easier and more fun.
At YouFit fitness center in North Lauderdale, we want all of our clients to optimize their workout and to get the proper nutrients is the best way they can. Eating healthy foods and foods that can power you through your workout is the key to your success. A combination of carbs and protein is the recommended standard for pre-workout meals. Fat can also be beneficial, but it should be consumed at least two hours before exercise. And when you work out at YouFit fitness center in North Lauderdale, it’s easy to incorporate some of our health and fitness tips.
If you’re thinking about starting a workout routine and want to know which foods are best to start your day with or what to eat right before a workout, come see us at YouFit fitness center in North Lauderdale or call for more information at (954) 580-6022.